Monday, January 20, 2014

134. Sketchbook 2014

It's been awhile. HAPPY 2014!
I don't know if you all are familiar with Mike Yamada and Victoria Ying over at Extracurricular Activities, but this month of January they started a sketchbook challenge where you pretty much fill up an entire sketchbook within one month. I was late to the game so I'm about half way through. But I was pretty proud of myself with keeping up trying to at least do a drawing a day. Even though the month is coming to an end, it's not to late to set that target for yourself. You should also check out their blog area. They have some GREAT posts.

Anyway, I wanted to share some things I did in my sketchbook so far. I cheated a little since I have a few sketchbooks that have been used. I changed up the game for myself. I have three used sketchbooks, but my goal is to fill those in at least 3 months. Now, these sketchbooks are less than  a quarter complete, so there are quite a few pages. I think if I were to combine all of the pages, they'd be at least 2 1/5 sketchbooks.

This past Christmas I did custom holiday cards to special friends


Lately I have been using brushpens a lot in my sketchbooks. I love how they work and how it looks on paper along with markers (Copic, Prismacolor, and Neopiko-2)

This last one is a zoo sketch. I went to the zoo this past Saturday.

 Here's to 2014. I hope to kick it in the butt and improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment