Monday, November 18, 2013

131. Mermaid & Conventions

It's definitely been a while since I've posted much. I was busy with CTNX that happened this past weekend. I've attended for a few years and I've always enjoyed this convention the most simply because it's all about animation! I always come back inspired. But this year, I had the privilege to exhibit for the first time with Adam Knight. It was both scary and exciting. I saw old friends and made quite a few new ones.
Thank you everyone who came by to visit! I really hope that I'll be able to exhibit again next year! I've set a goal for myself and I really hope to improve and show it to everyone by next year's CTN!

Here's a mermaid piece that I had for sale as a print that to my surprise was the most popular piece.
Adam and I also had our first collaborative sketchbook for sale this year at CTN. We were quite proud of it, it was my first time putting something like that together for a convention.
We had a lot of giggles for the title. I'm so glad people understand. "Some Like It Rough" because I specifically prefer rough drawings over cleaned. You see the realness in the drawings and see what the artist was thinking. I feel like all that gets lost in cleaned up drawings.

For people who've never been to CTN and are really into animation, I highly recommend this convention. It's so great! You learn so much and get very inspired at the end of the convention. So many great artists in one places at different skill levels are all there to help each other out. I love it! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment